I have been meeting with a lot of prospective home sellers throughout this holiday season discussing their home selling options here in the Metro Detroit Real Estate Market and especially in the Novi, Northville and South Lyon Communities. One of the top questions I get asked is, “Should I list my home for sale during the holidays or should I wait till the New Year”. Below is a list of my top 12 reasons why I recommend listing your home for sale during the holidays.
- January is traditionally the biggest month for work transfers and you must be on the market to capture that market activity.
- The ratio of “Listings Sold” to “New Listings on the Market” is at a higher percentage during this time of the year.
- There is less inventory for home buyers to see making your competition less.
- Winter prospects are more serious buyers.
- Your home looks better during the holidays.
- Throughout the holiday season, you may restrict showings during your personal family events.
- You may receive more money for your home now because you have less competition.
- Buyers have more time to look at home during the holidays, especially during their vacations.
- By selling now, you can have a delayed closing or extended occupancy until the beginning of the year, if you want to.
- When you sell during the winter, you have an opportunity to buy during the Spring, when many homes are on the market.
- You may have fewer actual showings, but more qualified and motivated buyer prospects.
- Corporate transfers, who need to buy a home now, can’t wait till Spring.
Let me know if you would like to discuss getting your home on the market before 2012. My exclusive “Coming Soon” program for home sellers works well with home sellers thinking of listing their home in the next few weeks.